Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri August 6, 2004
Shelby Criticizes Federal Law Enforcement Officials Over 9-11 Leak
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Richard Shelby says federal law enforcement officials have abused the public's trust. This comes in the middle of an investigation of a leak of classified messages. Shelby said Thursday it was wrong for some officials to say that he was the one who leaked information that was obtained the day before the September 11th terrorist attacks. The messages were not translated from Arabic until September 12th. They reportedly contained the words the match begins tomorrow. Shelby's office has released a statement saying the Republican senator never knowingly compromised classified information.