Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 12, 2004
Shakespeare Festival Kicks Off Campaign
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The Alabama Shakespeare Festival is kicking off a one-point-two million dollar campaign that targets people who live within 300 miles of its Montgomery site. This all comes after losing all of its 800 thousand dollars in state funding over the last four years. The A-S-F campaign will also include a renovation plan as well as a national tour of military bases. The 12-state, 14-base tour begins at Maxwell Air Force Base in September and concludes with a five-day stop in Birmingham in October. The tour is part of the National Endowment for the Arts' Shakespeare in American Communities initiative.