Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Wed October 24, 2012
Several Alabama Cities Plan Veterans Day Events
Several Alabama cities are planning parades, memorial services and other events for Veterans Day weekend.
The state tourism agency says Birmingham will stage its 65th annual commemoration with a big parade downtown on Monday, Nov. 12. It is one of the largest Veterans Day observances in the country. Mobile, Montgomery and Huntsville will also have parades that day. Mobile will have a patriotic concert that night at the USS Alabama Battleship Park.
Fairhope, Foley and Tuscumbia have parades set for Saturday, Nov. 10. Alexander City has a commemoration scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 11 at Veterans Memorial Park.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.