Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Wed October 24, 2012
Several Alabama Cities Plan Veterans Day Events
Several Alabama cities are planning parades, memorial services and other events for Veterans Day weekend.
The state tourism agency says Birmingham will stage its 65th annual commemoration with a big parade downtown on Monday, Nov. 12. It is one of the largest Veterans Day observances in the country. Mobile, Montgomery and Huntsville will also have parades that day. Mobile will have a patriotic concert that night at the USS Alabama Battleship Park.
Fairhope, Foley and Tuscumbia have parades set for Saturday, Nov. 10. Alexander City has a commemoration scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 11 at Veterans Memorial Park.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.