Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
World Alzheimer's Month
Tue September 10, 2013
Senior Care Center Offering Free Tools During Alzheimer's Month
September is World Alzheimer’s Month. The disease is a form of dementia that affects memory, thinking and behavior. An organization in Northport is offering free resources designed to help families care for loved ones struggling with the disease. APR’s Maggie Martin sat down with Stephanie Buffaloe of the Home Instead Senior Care center. Buffaloe says for her, educating others about the disease hits close to home. The center will host free workshops later this month and in October. They’re also offering a free home kit with more resources and information on Alzheimer’s