Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri July 23, 2004
Senators Sound Off on 9-11 Commission
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Richard Shelby says the 9-11 Commission recommendations that were released Thursday reaffirm that the intelligence community needs massive structural reforms. The former Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence says he also thinks a cabinet-level National Intelligence Director is necessary. Shelby says he looks forward to further analyzing the recommendations that he hopes will help prevent another terrorist attack. U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions also gave the report a mixed review.