Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Thu November 13, 2003
Senate Filibuster Continues
By Chad Pergram, APR's Capitol Hill Bureau
Washington, DC – In Washington, Senators have been meeting since Wednesday morning. The Republican leadership elected to keep the Senate in session to bring attention to what they call Democratic obstruction of President Bush's judicial nominees. The failed nomination of Alabama Attorney General Bill Pryor to become a federal judge became a focal point of the debate. Chad Pergram reports from Capitol Hill.