Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon November 15, 2004
Senate Committees Pass Insurance Bills
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Senate budget committees Monday approved Governor Bob Riley's bills to restructure the public employee health insurance programs. The committees made minor changes. The Senate Finance and Taxation-General Fund Committee changed the legislation to make sure the State Employees Insurance Board comes under the state ethics law. The committee also voted to create a legislative committee to advise that board. The five-bill package will go before the full Senate Tuesday. The bills passed the House last week.