Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed August 4, 2004
Sen. Escott Under Ethics Review
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The State Ethics Commission has asked the attorney general's office to review a matter concerning state Senator Sundra Escott. Jim Sumner, the commission's executive director, says Escott sent 107 thousand dollars in discretionary funds to a community outreach program at Jefferson State Community College. He says Escott then asked Jeff State to send 35 thousand of that to the Expressway to Learning program. That program employed Escott's sister full time and her brother part time. Escott says she has done nothing wrong and plans to ask the commission to reconsider her case.