Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue October 7, 2003
Selma Airfield Awarded Federal Funds
By Alabama Public Radio
Selma, AL – Craig Airfield in Selma will receive a 300 thousand dollar federal grant. Congressman Artur Davis says the U-S Department of Transportation awarded the money to help repair cracks in a runway. Inspectors recently found large cracks that could endanger aircraft as they land. Craig Airfield serves as an industrial development site used mostly by aircraft manufacturing firms. It used to be a U-S Air Force base until it closed in 1977.