Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu May 13, 2004
Scrushy Trial May Be Delayed
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – The trial date for former HealthSouth C-E-O Richard Scrushy may be delayed. He's scheduled to go on trial August 23rd in Birmingham on several charges related to a massive accounting fraud case. Attorneys say the trial could last for months, and that may be one of the reasons for the delay. His defense attorney says Scrushy has to be in Mississippi for another trial that's set to begin August 16th. U-S Attorney Alice Martin has not publicly commented on the possibility of postponing the trial until the fall. But, she says she expects a judge's ruling soon.