Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu August 12, 2004
Scrushy Sells Palm Beach Mansion
By Alabama Public Radio
Palm Beach, FL – Former HealthSouth C-E-O Richard Scrushy has sold his mansion on the Intra-coastal Waterway in Palm Beach, Florida for 12-point-75 million dollars. But if federal authorities have their way, the government will wind up with the money. Scrushy is accused of, among other crimes, conspiracy, securities fraud and money laundering. He has pleaded innocent to the charges. He claims that a two-point-seven billion dollar accounting fraud at HealthSouth was committed by others without his knowledge. 10 former executives have pleaded guilty and have been sentenced in the scandal. The government will attempt to get any money from the sale if Scrushy is convicted. The nine-bedroom, 11,000-square-foot mansion was bought by Joel Glazer. His family owns the N-F-L's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.