Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed October 13, 2004
Scrushy Attorneys Fighting Motion to Unseal Documents
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Attorneys for former HealthSouth CEO Richard Scrushy are asking a federal judge to continue sealing sensitive documents in Scrushy's fraud case. The request was made public Tuesday. It follows a motion from several news organizations to have the documents unsealed. The motion says Federal Judge Karon Bowdre has been wrongly sealing the documents without giving enough justification. Both defense attorneys and prosecutors have agreed to open some documents -- but they haven't revealed which ones. Scrushy has pleaded not guilty to 58 counts including securities fraud, money laundering and obstruction of justice related to the accounting fraud scheme at HealthSouth.