Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Tue July 15, 2014
Scientific Firm To Add 450 Jobs In Huntsville
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley says that a science and engineering firm plans to add 450 jobs in Huntsville during the next five years.
Bentley said in a Tuesday statement that the move by Columbia, Maryland-based Science and Engineering Services LLC is part of a nearly $70 million expansion of its Alabama manufacturing operations.
The company already has 750 employees in Huntsville.
The governor said the company provides maintenance, repair and overhaul services for airplanes, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, and ground combat systems. Its customers include the U.S. Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and international governments.
Bentley said Alabama has positioned itself to be a leader in aerospace and aviation, and the SES expansion is further proof of that success.