Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Business & Education
Thu January 24, 2013
School Safety to be Topic at Ala. Board Meeting
The Alabama Board of Education will hold a work session to discuss ways to keep Alabama schools safe.
The work session will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the Gordon Persons Building in Montgomery.
Superintendent Tommy Bice has asked superintendents across the state to submit the safety plans for their schools in light of last month's shooting at a Connecticut elementary school.
The school board session comes following a heavily attended Statehouse summit this month on ideas for keeping Alabama schools safe. Some lawmakerssay theexpect school safety to be a major issue in the upcoming session of the Legislature that starts Feb.5.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.