Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Business & Education
Thu February 20, 2014
School Proposed "Traditional Couples Only" Prom
A south Alabama school superintendent says one high school erred in its attempt to limit prom attendance to "traditional couples."
Greenville High School has since rescinded the rules that stated only male/female couples would be allowed to dance at the 2014 Junior/Senior Prom.
Butler County Superintendent Amy Bryan says the school made a mistake and that discrimination of any kind would not be tolerated in the district.
Bryan says the school administrator who issued the prom rules was mistaken in trying to micro-manage the event.