Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Business & Education
Thu February 20, 2014
School Proposed "Traditional Couples Only" Prom
A south Alabama school superintendent says one high school erred in its attempt to limit prom attendance to "traditional couples."
Greenville High School has since rescinded the rules that stated only male/female couples would be allowed to dance at the 2014 Junior/Senior Prom.
Butler County Superintendent Amy Bryan says the school made a mistake and that discrimination of any kind would not be tolerated in the district.
Bryan says the school administrator who issued the prom rules was mistaken in trying to micro-manage the event.