Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed August 22, 2012
Sales Of Existing Homes Rose In July, Another Sign Of Stronger Market
The National Association of Realtors said this morning that sales of existing homes increased to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.47 million.
Lawrence Yun, the association's economist, tells NPR's Dave Mattingly that there was also "solid" improvement from a year earlier. Sales were up about 10 percent from July 2011 and prices are up about 10 percent from then as well. Those are indications that "the housing market is healing and now contributing to economic growth," he said.