Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Muscle Shoals Studio
Fri May 30, 2014
Sale Shouldn't Affect Muscle Shoals Studio Update
The chairman of the Muscle Shoals Music Foundation says the sale of Beats Electronics should not affect the renovation and upgrading of the legendary Muscle Shoals Sound Studio.
Chairman Rodney Hall tells the TimesDaily that behind-the-scenes work has been going on and design drawings should be available soon for the studio.
Beats Electronics announced in November that it would spend about $1 million renovating the historic studio in Sheffield to make it a state-of-the-art recording center and training center for aspiring musicians, engineers and producers. Apple announced Wednesday that it will buy Beats Electronics for $3 billion.
The foundation owns the studio, which is open on weekends for tours. Hall says it draws 300 to 500 people each weekend.
Alabama Music Hall of Fame