Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Gay marriage update, homeless census and National Drug Facts Week
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
Muscle Shoals Studio
Fri May 30, 2014
Sale Shouldn't Affect Muscle Shoals Studio Update
The chairman of the Muscle Shoals Music Foundation says the sale of Beats Electronics should not affect the renovation and upgrading of the legendary Muscle Shoals Sound Studio.
Chairman Rodney Hall tells the TimesDaily that behind-the-scenes work has been going on and design drawings should be available soon for the studio.
Beats Electronics announced in November that it would spend about $1 million renovating the historic studio in Sheffield to make it a state-of-the-art recording center and training center for aspiring musicians, engineers and producers. Apple announced Wednesday that it will buy Beats Electronics for $3 billion.
The foundation owns the studio, which is open on weekends for tours. Hall says it draws 300 to 500 people each weekend.
Alabama Music Hall of Fame