Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed August 7, 2013
Safety Citations Issued To Ala. Steel Manufacturer
Federal officials have issued safety citations to a steel manufacturing company and propose that it pay over $117,000 in fines.
U.S. Department of Labor officials said Wednesday that 15 safety violations were issued to the Northport-based Hanna Steel Corp.
Officials say the company was inspected in February and investigators found two repeat violations, nine serious safety violations and four other violations.
The repeat citations accuse the company of failing to ensure safety equipment on grinders was properly adjusted, and allege that the company didn't develop a plan to deal with potentially hazardous energy during equipment maintenance.
Among other things, officials say Hanna Steel also failed to require hand protection for employees working under hazardous conditions.
A message left with a Hanna Steel representative was not immediately returned.