Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue October 12, 2004
Runoffs Will Decide Mayors, City Councilors
By Alabama Public Radio
Bayou La Batre, AL – Runoff elections are scheduled for Tuesday in three southwest Alabama municipalities. The vote was postponed from almost a month ago because of concerns about Hurricane Ivan. Voters will choose the next mayor of Bayou La Batre. Incumbent Stan Wright is facing the town's former mayor Warren Beaman. Two city council seat runoffs are also on the ballot. Meanwhile...runoffs will also be held for city council seats on Dauphin Island and in Loxley. Other municipal runoffs will be October 26 in Foley and in Gulf Shores. City council seats are up for grabs in both cities, and Gulf Shores voters will also elect a mayor.