Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue June 22, 2004
Rudolph Hearing Begins
By Alabama Public Radio
Huntsville, AL – Serial bombing suspect Eric Rudolph arrived in court wearing a bulletproof vest amid tight security Tuesday morning for a hearing on his bid to move his trial out of Birmingham. Rudolph is accused of setting of a bomb outside the New Woman All Women abortion clinic killing a police officer and critically wounded a nurse. Attorneys for Rudolph have asked Federal Judge C. Lynnwood Smith Junior to move the trial because of years of publicity about the 1998 bombing. But Smith approved the plan to have the trial in Birmingham. The trial is scheduled to start August 2nd.