Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue June 22, 2004
Rudolph Hearing Begins
By Alabama Public Radio
Huntsville, AL – Serial bombing suspect Eric Rudolph arrived in court wearing a bulletproof vest amid tight security Tuesday morning for a hearing on his bid to move his trial out of Birmingham. Rudolph is accused of setting of a bomb outside the New Woman All Women abortion clinic killing a police officer and critically wounded a nurse. Attorneys for Rudolph have asked Federal Judge C. Lynnwood Smith Junior to move the trial because of years of publicity about the 1998 bombing. But Smith approved the plan to have the trial in Birmingham. The trial is scheduled to start August 2nd.