Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Business & Education
Fri July 12, 2013
Royal Cup Expanding in Birmingham, Adding 40 Jobs
Birmingham-based Royal Cup is investing $30 million to expand its operations and add 40 jobs.
The coffee and tea company announced it has acquired 16 acres and a building adjacent to its current operations in Birmingham. The building was formerly the home of RockTenn. Royal Cup vice president William Smith III told al.com (http://bit.ly/11IBS9b ) that the company will renovate the property and add more production lines.
The company says it will begin the expansion in early 2014 and expects to be at full capacity by 2017. The expansion will emphasize tea production.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews