Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Business & Education
Fri July 12, 2013
Royal Cup Expanding in Birmingham, Adding 40 Jobs
Birmingham-based Royal Cup is investing $30 million to expand its operations and add 40 jobs.
The coffee and tea company announced it has acquired 16 acres and a building adjacent to its current operations in Birmingham. The building was formerly the home of RockTenn. Royal Cup vice president William Smith III told al.com (http://bit.ly/11IBS9b ) that the company will renovate the property and add more production lines.
The company says it will begin the expansion in early 2014 and expects to be at full capacity by 2017. The expansion will emphasize tea production.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews