Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu September 9, 2004
Roy Moore Will Testify Before Congress
By Alabama Public Radio
Washington, D.C. – Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore has been invited to testify before Congress on the Constitution Restoration Act. The hearing will be Monday afternoon in Washington, D.C. U.S. Congressman Robert Aderholt introduced the legislation in the House...U.S. Senator Richard Shelby brought it up in the Senate. Aderholt says the bill will protect freedoms that he says are under attack from over-reaching federal courts...like the public display of the 10 Commandments and the Pledge of Allegiance in classrooms. Moore says he looks forward to the opportunity to speak to the House Judiciary Committee on what he believes is the jurisdiction of federal judges.