Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tropical Storm Isaac
Mon August 27, 2012
Rooms Still Available For Those Evacuating Storm
There are still hotel and motel rooms available in some Alabama cities for coastal residents trying to escape from Isaac.
For those who have been unable to find a room, the Alabama Department of Tourism is providing a toll- free number to tell evacuees where a room might be available.
State tourism director Lee Sentell said there were still rooms available in Montgomery for Monday night, but that they were filling up fast for Tuesday night. He said rooms were almost all booked in Auburn for both nights. He said there were still rooms available in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
He said his staff is calling hotels around the state looking for vacancies. Sentell said evacuees should call 1-800-ALABAMA or 1-800-252-2262 for information on hotel and motel rooms.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press
Politics & Government