Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Tue July 29, 2014
Roby Slams Central Ala. VA Scheduling Manipulation
An Alabama congresswoman says a new report is the strongest evidence yet that patient scheduling manipulation was standard operating procedure at Veterans Affairs health care facilities in central Alabama.
The Department of Veterans Affairs released data to Congress showing 57 percent of the staff surveyed at Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System said they were instructed to change the dates of when a veteran asked for an appointment. That compares to nearly 13 percent nationally, 17 percent at the Tuscaloosa VA and 9 percent at the Birmingham VA.
Rep. Martha Roby of Montgomery says the VA report shows that the Central Alabama VA numbers are "off the chart" when compared to other facilities. The Central Alabama VA includes major facilities in Montgomery and Tuskegee.