Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
Tue July 29, 2014
Roby Slams Central Ala. VA Scheduling Manipulation
An Alabama congresswoman says a new report is the strongest evidence yet that patient scheduling manipulation was standard operating procedure at Veterans Affairs health care facilities in central Alabama.
The Department of Veterans Affairs released data to Congress showing 57 percent of the staff surveyed at Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System said they were instructed to change the dates of when a veteran asked for an appointment. That compares to nearly 13 percent nationally, 17 percent at the Tuscaloosa VA and 9 percent at the Birmingham VA.
Rep. Martha Roby of Montgomery says the VA report shows that the Central Alabama VA numbers are "off the chart" when compared to other facilities. The Central Alabama VA includes major facilities in Montgomery and Tuskegee.