Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
Tue July 29, 2014
Roby Slams Central Ala. VA Scheduling Manipulation
An Alabama congresswoman says a new report is the strongest evidence yet that patient scheduling manipulation was standard operating procedure at Veterans Affairs health care facilities in central Alabama.
The Department of Veterans Affairs released data to Congress showing 57 percent of the staff surveyed at Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System said they were instructed to change the dates of when a veteran asked for an appointment. That compares to nearly 13 percent nationally, 17 percent at the Tuscaloosa VA and 9 percent at the Birmingham VA.
Rep. Martha Roby of Montgomery says the VA report shows that the Central Alabama VA numbers are "off the chart" when compared to other facilities. The Central Alabama VA includes major facilities in Montgomery and Tuskegee.