Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 6, 2004
Roads Flooded After Storms
By Alabama Public Radio
Undated – North Alabama safety officials closed some roads and bridges Friday morning after heavy flooding. Part of Highway 31 between Warrior and Kimberly in Jefferson County was shut down, as was U-S Highway 78 in Graysville. Several bridges and roads were impassable in Sumter County. Flooding also caused traffic delays in the Mobile area. Authorities reported dozens of weather-related traffic accidents. Power outages also congested traffic on U-S Highway 98. Mobile area residents were hoping the situation would improve in time for Friday night's first Mardi Gras parade.