Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Wed January 21, 2009
Road to the Inauguration, Part III
By Brandon Hollingsworth, APR News
Tuscaloosa, AL – After eight hours of walking to and from yesterday's inaugural festivities there are plenty of hurting feet and worn backs around the nation's capital this morning. In our third conversation with Tuscaloosa resident Fran Viselli, we get some final impressions of the day now recorded in history.
Brandon also speaks with Louise Crawford, former superintendent of the Tuscaloosa city school system, and a 12-year-old student who says he now believes anyone can be president.