Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon June 28, 2004
Riley Will Name New Finance Director
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Jim Main is expected to be named as state finance director Tuesday. The Montgomery attorney is a long-time friend of Governor Bob Riley and has experience working in Republican administrations. Main was former Governor Fob James' executive secretary from 1997 to 1999. In April 2003, he joined Riley's Cabinet as senior counsel. Riley hasn't officially announced Main's appointment, but he told a group of journalists Monday he has chosen Main for the job. Main will serve as the Riley administration's chief financial officer and will help develop state budgets. He replaces Drayton Nabers, who left the position when Riley appointed him chief justice of the state Supreme Court.