Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu August 26, 2004
Riley Schedules Special Elections for Legislative Seats
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Riley has scheduled special elections to fill two vacant Legislative seats. The elections will fill the south Alabama House seat vacated by the death of Bigbee Representative Jeff Dolbare as well as the west Alabama Senate seat vacated by the resignation of Tuscaloosa Senator Charles Steele. Riley says qualifying will end September eighth for the elections in House District 65 and Senate District 24. Party primaries are scheduled for October 26th, with runoffs, if needed, on December 14th. If runoffs are not needed, the general elections will be held that day. Otherwise, those will be scheduled for January 25th.