Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri December 3, 2004
Riley, Richardson Want AU Probation Ended
By Alabama Public Radio
Auburn, AL – Governor Riley and Auburn interim President Ed Richardson will be in Atlanta Friday to make their case before the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Both men will be asking SACS to take the school off probation. The accrediting agency placed Auburn on probation last December for issues mostly centering on its trustee board...including a relationship between trustees Bobby Lowder and Jack Miller. Lowder is CEO of Colonial BancGroup, and Miller's law firm did millions of dollars in legal work for the banking company last year. SACS is expected to announce Tuesday at its meeting in Atlanta whether it will continue Auburn's probation. Meanwhile...earlier this week, the Auburn University Faculty voted to ask both Lowder and Miller to resign from the board.