Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Tue July 20, 2004
Riley Enters Fourth Day of Europe Expedition
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Governor Riley's Jobs Mission expedition in Europe is entering its fourth day. Riley is now in England. He opened Alabama's aviation exhibit there Monday at the Farnsborough International Air Show. The event features more than 13-hundred exhibitors who show off the latest in aviation technology. Riley said the air show offers a unique opportunity to promote the state's aviation and aerospace industries in face-to-face meetings with executives from dozens of other related companies. The Governor now heads to Germany, where he hopes to make announcements about companies planning to build manufacturing plants in Alabama.