Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- Tuscaloosa Boxer Deontay Wilder wins Heavyweight title
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
Fri February 20, 2004
Riley: "Delighted" by Pryor's Appointment
By Governor's Press Office
Montgomery, AL – "I was delighted to learn of Attorney General Bill Pryor's investiture to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals today. President Bush is to be commended for recognizing General Pryor's conservative philosophy and his faithful commitment to the Constitution.
"I have designated Chief Deputy Attorney General Richard Allen as Acting Attorney General until such time as a permanent appointment is made, which will be in the next few weeks. "