Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Fri February 20, 2004
Riley: "Delighted" by Pryor's Appointment
By Governor's Press Office
Montgomery, AL – "I was delighted to learn of Attorney General Bill Pryor's investiture to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals today. President Bush is to be commended for recognizing General Pryor's conservative philosophy and his faithful commitment to the Constitution.
"I have designated Chief Deputy Attorney General Richard Allen as Acting Attorney General until such time as a permanent appointment is made, which will be in the next few weeks. "