Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri February 20, 2004
Riley: "Delighted" by Pryor's Appointment
By Governor's Press Office
Montgomery, AL – "I was delighted to learn of Attorney General Bill Pryor's investiture to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals today. President Bush is to be commended for recognizing General Pryor's conservative philosophy and his faithful commitment to the Constitution.
"I have designated Chief Deputy Attorney General Richard Allen as Acting Attorney General until such time as a permanent appointment is made, which will be in the next few weeks. "