Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Fri February 20, 2004
Riley: "Delighted" by Pryor's Appointment
By Governor's Press Office
Montgomery, AL – "I was delighted to learn of Attorney General Bill Pryor's investiture to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals today. President Bush is to be commended for recognizing General Pryor's conservative philosophy and his faithful commitment to the Constitution.
"I have designated Chief Deputy Attorney General Richard Allen as Acting Attorney General until such time as a permanent appointment is made, which will be in the next few weeks. "