Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri October 31, 2003
Reverend Rallies to Remove Judge
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – A coalition of Baptist organizations will hold a rally at the Alabama Capitol complex in Montgomery today. The Reverend Frank Raddish organized the event. He's the leader of Capitol Hill Independent Baptist Ministries of Washington, D-C and says he plans to launch a petition drive to remove U-S District Judge Myron Thompson from the bench. Raddish says Thompson erred when he ruled against Chief Justice Roy Moore's Ten Commandments monument. He ordered the monument to be removed from the state judicial building rotunda. Moore refused to follow the order and was suspended. He now faces charges of violating judicial ethics. The Reverend Raddish says he hopes Alabama's religious leaders will support his petition drive to remove Thompson. The rally is planned for one o'clock this afternoon at the state Capitol Building.