Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 11, 2003
Republican Senators Plan Marathon Talk
By Chad Pergram, APR's Capitol Hill Bureau
Washington, DC – The Democratic filibuster of Alabama Attorney General Bill Pryor's nomination to become a federal judge is partly responsible for prompting Senate Republicans to schedule a 30-hour "talkathon" starting Wednesday night. The GOP wants to keep the senate in session around the clock to bring attention to what Republicans call Democratic obstruction. Chad Pergram reports from Capitol Hill.