Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon August 11, 2014
Report Says Central Alabama VA Finds More Unread Scans
A review at the Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System has found an additional 1,100 X-rays dating back to 2011 that weren't read.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports VA officials conducted the review after discovering earlier this year that about 900 X-rays hadn't been read since 2009.
Officials say, of the latest scans, staff took "immediate action" to complete interpretations of about 176 and about 227 were being assessed to determine if further clinical action was needed. Officials said the rest didn't require clinical action.
The newspaper reports officials discovered the unread scans after determining X-rays that weren't read within eight days "fall off" their system. Officials say a permanent software fix has been done to ensure pending scans remain on the list until they are read and interpreted.