Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon December 6, 2004
Repairs Scheduled for I 65/459 Ramp
By Alabama Public Radio
Hoover, AL – Highway crews will start working Monday night to repair a ramp leading from Interstate 65 to I 459 in Hoover. That's an area heavily traveled by commuters as well as holiday shoppers this time of year. The Alabama Department of Transportation plans to complete the work by Friday morning. The ramp will be closed during nighttime repairs with detours posted, but it will be opened during the day. A 40-foot, 45,000-pound drive shaft fell from a truck Thursday night, punching two holes in the bridge. One hole is three by 10 feet; the other is two by six feet. Pieces of concrete also fell from the bridge and slightly injured a motorist on I 65 North. Hoover Mayor Tony Petelos says the repairs will be a necessary inconvenience.