Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
APR News Reports
Tue May 8, 2012
Remembering Actor George Lindsey
By Maggie Martin
Tuscaloosa, AL – Fans of "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Hee Haw" are remembering actor George Lindsey. The man known for playing Goober Pyle died Sunday morning in Nashville. In addition to his Hollywood acting credits, the Alabama native is also remembered for his work here in the state. He co-founded the George Lindsey UNA Film Festival in 1998. Alabama Public Radio's Maggie Martin sat down with Cynthia Burkhead, who co-chairs the festival. She says Lindsey will be remembered as a kindhearted, talented man.