Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Bo Bikes Bama
Wed March 13, 2013
Registration Open for 2nd 'Bo Bikes Bama' Ride
Athletic legend Bo Jackson is planning a second charity bicycle ride to benefit victims of the 2011 tornado outbreak in Alabama.
Registration is now open for "Bo Bikes Bama 2," which will be held April 27.
Last year's five-day ride crossed north Alabama. This year's ride will be one day, with 60-mile and 20-mile legs.
The ride will begin in the Walker County town of Cordova. Four people died there and residents are still trying to rebuild from a pair of twisters that hit the city.
Jackson's ride raised more than $600,000 last year. The Heisman Trophy winner from Auburn University is hoping to raise $1 million total through rider registrations, corporate sponsorships and donations.
Proceeds go to the governor's relief fund. Register at http://www.bobikesbama.com.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.