Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Bo Bikes Bama
Wed March 13, 2013
Registration Open for 2nd 'Bo Bikes Bama' Ride
Athletic legend Bo Jackson is planning a second charity bicycle ride to benefit victims of the 2011 tornado outbreak in Alabama.
Registration is now open for "Bo Bikes Bama 2," which will be held April 27.
Last year's five-day ride crossed north Alabama. This year's ride will be one day, with 60-mile and 20-mile legs.
The ride will begin in the Walker County town of Cordova. Four people died there and residents are still trying to rebuild from a pair of twisters that hit the city.
Jackson's ride raised more than $600,000 last year. The Heisman Trophy winner from Auburn University is hoping to raise $1 million total through rider registrations, corporate sponsorships and donations.
Proceeds go to the governor's relief fund. Register at http://www.bobikesbama.com.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.