Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Wed August 1, 2012
Red Cross Launches Hurricane App For Smart Phones
The American Red Cross is launching a hurricane app for smart phones.
The nonprofit organization said the technology is designed for people who visit or live in hurricane-prone areas.
Officials say the free app is available for use on both iPhone and Android platforms.
Authorities say the new app gives instant access to local and real-time information on what to do before, during and after hurricanes. It also allows people to monitor personalized weather alerts in locations where family and friends reside and share information with others in their social networks.
The Hurricane and First Aid Apps can be found in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store for Android by searching for American Red Cross
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.