Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Missile Production Facility
Mon November 26, 2012
Raytheon Opens New Alabama Production Facility
Raytheon Co. has opened a missile production facility in Huntsville that is expected to initially create 35 new jobs.
Company officials said the new facility at Huntsville's Redstone Arsenal would eventually create 300 jobs with a combination of factory workers and other positions.
Raytheon President Taylor W. Lawrence said the factory will be the most advanced missile integration facility in the world.
Company officials said at the factory workers will complete assembly and testing of the company's missiles and interceptors.
U.S. Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama participated in the opening ceremony Monday. He said the new facility will not only create new jobs for Alabama workers, but also help bolster the nation's defense. U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks of Huntsville and Alabama Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey also participated in the opening.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.