Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Arts & Life
Tue November 27, 2012
Raw Video of Gay Rodeo in Fort Worth, TX
Wild Drag Racing is the most popular "camp" event at a gay rodeo. Men dress up in drag and have to get on a steer and go across a white line in under 1 minute. Not as easy as it sounds, as you can see from the video above.
The man with the red feather in his hat is John Beck, the "Grandfather" of the Gay Rodeo. He invented Wild Drag Racing. Competitors say it's one of the most dangerous events in a gay rodeo.
Another video shot of Wild Drag Racing. Both contestants are able to get on the steer, stay on and cross the white line in under a minute. The contestant on the right hand side of the screen has a harder time with his steer, but he should get high marks for his drag costume.
Goat dressing is quite a spectacle to behold. It's a race where teams of 2 run down to a goat. One person holds up the goat's legs while their teammate puts on the underwear.
The contestant wearing the teal colored shirt on the left hand side is Wade Earp, Wyatt Earp's great-great-great nephew. He’s been competing in the gay rodeo circuit for 12 years.
Gay Rodeo: Nuts and Bolts
Reaction to Gay Rodeo
Quest for Gay Rodeo