Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon August 23, 2004
Rainsville Receives Federal Grant
By Alabama Public Radio
Rainsville, AL – The DeKalb County town of Rainsville is getting a 200-thousand dollar federal grant to expand a local business. The community block grant will help provide Rainsville Technology Incorporated with a new access road to the town's industrial park. R-T-I is a Honda supplier and plans to add 11-thousand square feet to its current facility. The company manufactures interior and exterior plastic parts for Honda vans and sport utility vehicles. R-T-I will invest six-point-five million dollars in the effort and plans to add 50 new employees by next year. Rainsville has pledged nearly 61-thousand dollars in matching funds.