Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed March 19, 2014
Racetrack Soundtrack Goes From A Roar To A Purr
Originally published on Wed March 19, 2014 9:28 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Fans of Formula One racing love the roar of the engines.
(SOUNDBITE OF ENGINES)
MONTAGNE: But this year's F1 cars are hybrids and that familiar roar has been reduced to a purr.
(SOUNDBITE OF CARS)
MONTAGNE: Australia's Grand Prix organizers are not loving the quiet. They say fans aren't getting what they paid for. One official described the new engines - hmmph, like harpsichords in a chamber orchestra.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.