Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue April 13, 2004
Quadruple Murderer Will Appeal Conviction
By Alabama Public Radio
Anniston, AL – The man convicted of a quadruple homicide in Anniston is appealing his capital murder conviction today. Donald Ray Wheat was convicted of killing two employees and two customers at a Blockbuster Video store in May 2002. His appeal will be filed in Calhoun County circuit court. Wheat was convicted of the murders last May. He was sentenced to death, but an execution date has not yet been set. Wheat has been held in solitary confinement at Holman Prison in Atmore. Authorities say his arrest came after a two-state crime spree that also left a Georgia man dead and two Alabama women injured.