Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Public Service Commission
Wed March 20, 2013
PSC Sets Meetings on Alabama Power Rates
The state's utility regulatory board has scheduled three meetings focusing on the rates for Alabama Power Co.
The Public Service Commission says the public meetings will be May 8, June 18 and July 17 in Montgomery. Each meeting will start at 8:30 a.m. at the PSC's headquarters. The PSC says the structure of each meeting will be announced later.
The PSC's rate stabilization plan for Alabama Power has provided the state's largest electric utility with a rate of return on common equity of 13 percent to 14.5 percent since 1982.
The PSC plans to follow the Alabama Power meetings with three meetings to discuss rates for Alabama Gas Corp. They are set for Sept. 25, Oct. 9 and Nov. 13.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Politics & Government
Alabama Power Rates
Natural Gas Prices