Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue August 27, 2013
PSC Member Terry Dunn Kicks Off Re-Election Bid
Republican Public Service Commission member Terry Dunn has formally kicked off his re-election campaign after drawing three opponents.
Dunn announced Tuesday that he will run on a record of telling the public about the PSC being too cozy with the utilities it regulates.
He also says he'll keep pushing for a formal rate hearing for Alabama Power. He predicts that a change in Alabama Power's rate structure that was recently approved by the other two commissioners will not bring an appreciable decrease in rates.
Dunn is opposed by Republicans Chip "Chris" Beeker, Phillip Brown and Jonathan Barbee. No Democrat has announced. The primary election is June 3, 2014.
Dunn won his PSC seat in 2010 by defeating Democrat Susan Parker.