Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue August 27, 2013
PSC Member Terry Dunn Kicks Off Re-Election Bid
Republican Public Service Commission member Terry Dunn has formally kicked off his re-election campaign after drawing three opponents.
Dunn announced Tuesday that he will run on a record of telling the public about the PSC being too cozy with the utilities it regulates.
He also says he'll keep pushing for a formal rate hearing for Alabama Power. He predicts that a change in Alabama Power's rate structure that was recently approved by the other two commissioners will not bring an appreciable decrease in rates.
Dunn is opposed by Republicans Chip "Chris" Beeker, Phillip Brown and Jonathan Barbee. No Democrat has announced. The primary election is June 3, 2014.
Dunn won his PSC seat in 2010 by defeating Democrat Susan Parker.