Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Fri December 12, 2003
Prosecutors To Seek Death Penalty For Rudolph
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Bombing suspect Eric Robert Rudolph will face the death penalty ... a move that comes as little surprise to his defense attorneys.
US Attorney Alice Martin says she has received clearance to pursue capital punishment if Rudolph is found guilty of a deadly bombing at a Birmingham women's clinic in January of 1998. Martin says the death penalty is an important step in seeking justice in the case.
Defense attorney Richard Jaffe says the move just formalizes something they were already expecting. He also says Rudolph's case is not at all what has been portrayed in the media.