Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed November 17, 2004
Property Audits Improve
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – State Auditor Beth Chapman says there's a new record for property audits. She says 93 percent of the property audits her office conducted at state agencies during the last fiscal year were perfect. The rate for fiscal year 2003 was 60 percent. Chapman's staff is responsible for reviewing state agencies to make sure they can account for their property. That includes vehicles, desks, computers, and weapons. Chapman credits the improvements to a greater effort to train and assist agencies in keeping up with their property.