Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
2011 Storm Reports
Thu July 28, 2011
Program Helps With Emotional Recovery from the Storms
By Maggie Martin
Birmingham, AL – April's tornadoes left a devastating mark on neighborhoods and businesses across Alabama. But for some residents, the storms took a toll on their mental health as well. Alabama Public Radio's Maggie Martin takes a look at a federal program that trains and deploys Alabamians as crisis counselors to assist storm survivors rebuild their lives.