Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Arts & Life
Mon September 3, 2012
Producers Need Extras For Movie Being Shot in Ala
A Los Angeles film company needs extras for a movie that's being shot in metro Birmingham.
The movie is called "Grace Unplugged." It's about an 18-year-old girl who runs away from home to become a pop star in Hollywood.
On Tuesday at 5 p.m., the filmmakers need about 2,000 extras for a scene that's being shot at the Alabama Theater in downtown Birmingham featuring a Christian artist, Chris Tomlin.
One of the film's actors, Kevin Pollak, tells WBMA-TV (http://bit.ly/T70EtG ) the call is a chance for anyone who wants to see what the motion picture business is like.
Crews filmed at other locations around Birmingham over the weekend.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.