Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- Avery Johnson: "I'm Your Guy"
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Jail Terms Handed To Most Atlanta Teachers Convicted In Cheating Scandal
Arts & Life
Fri May 23, 2014
Principal Photography Begins on "Selma"
The companies behind the movie "Selma" say principal photography has begun and the movie is being shot in Atlanta and in Selma and Montgomery in Alabama.
"Selma" is the story of Martin Luther King Jr.'s voting rights struggle that culminated with the march from Selma to Montgomery and enactment of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
The chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures, Brad Grey, says the story will resonate with those involved in the voting rights struggle with King and with those who continue to fight against discrimination in voting.
The filmmakers behind the project include Brad Pitt and Oprah Winfrey. The film stars David Oyelowo from "The Butler" as King and Carmen Ejogo from "Alex Cross" as his wife, Coretta Scott King.